Creative Writing Instructor (Part-Time)
The University Scholars Programme (USP), an interdisciplinary undergraduate honours programme at the National University of Singapore, would like to hire a part-time creative writing instructor for the duration of the first semester of the 2019-20 academic year (August-December 2019). The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct weekly workshops over a 10-11 week period either in the evenings or weekends. The specific topic of the workshop or the mode and genre of the type of creative writing being taught should be in the area of the instructor's expertise. The instructor should desirably be available to meet with USP students outside workshop hours as well. We also welcome additional suggestions from applicants about what additional activities they can offer in this position.
The remuneration for this position will be based on the NUS' standard rates for casual teaching.
To be eligible for this position, applicants should, at minimum, be a published author of any written mode and genre. However, the possession of an advanced degree in fine arts, such as an MFA, the expertise of multiple modes and genres, and the experience of teaching creative writing will be an obvious advantage.
To apply for this position, applicants must submit:
* A cover letter addressed to the director of the University Scholars Programme, explaining why they are interested in the position and what unique qualities they can bring to the position of creative writing instructor;
* A CV that includes education, previous and current employment, names and contact details of two referees, a detailed list of creative works in progress and past publications; and other information related to their expertise in creative writing;
* A one-page statement on the workshop they would like to conduct, which includes a description of the workshop and the syllabus;
* and, if possible, a one-page statement about another activity related to the teaching of creative writing that they can also conduct;
* A brief excerpt of their best publication;
* and a signed copy of the NUS Personal Data Consent Form, which can be downloaded from HERE.
All completed applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 6pm on 19 April 2019.
Shortlisted individuals will be contacted for an interview within the next week. More information about the USP can be found at USP Website.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Dr Leung Wing Sze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Management Support Officer (6 Months)
The Management Support Officer is a temporary position (6 months) to assist in logistical matters, Admissions interviews and creating publicity materials for USP.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in logistical support for events and conferences for Outreach, Student Life, International Programmes and Alumni matters
- Administrative support for admissions interviews
- To get in touch with USP alumni and former USP Faculty members for special projects through various methods
- Creating publicity posters and social media-related content
- Perform any other ad-hoc and administration duties as assigned
- Minimum Diploma and above in any discipline
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Systematic and meticulous work style
Interested applicants, please apply HERE.